Thanks to each of you for a great first week! I can already tell we are going to have an excellent year together. Here's what we have coming up:
WEEK OF 8/21 - 8/25
TOPICS FOR THE WEEK:
* First novel: Watsons go to Birmingham
* Annotation, evidence
* How to learn root words
* Grammar - parts of speech vs. parts of a sentence
* Diagramming - interjections
HOMEWORK FOR THIS WEEK:
1) Begin reading Watsons go to Birmingham according to the pacing chart (you may read ahead, but do not spoil the plot for others).
2) Membean: 45 minutes, split into at least three sessions, by Sunday night
3) Journal Entry #1 on Google Classroom, due Friday by 5pm. Make sure you click TURN IN when finished.
4) Begin learning root words - 1 every other day
Click here for WATSONS PACING CHART
This is a video interview with the author. The username and password are available on Google Classroom.
TeachingBooks.net Meet-the-Author Program | Christopher Paul Curtis