Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Heading in to May

UPDATE ON THE SHERPAS:

No 2014 climbing on the Nepal side!

Chag Sameach! I hope you had a meaningful seder with your family, and enjoyed the break from school. For me, the change of scenery was wonderful! Fortunately I took my heavy coat to the beach. My bathing suits and shorts stayed in the suitcase, but I had a delightful time anyway. I spent one of my days at a local Marine Park where I met some new friends:
Sea Turtle
FL friends

I will be entering grades for the essays this evening. Most students should be prepared to revise and resubmit, which I will explain in class. Additionally, I will distribute our next novel, When You Reach Me, and we will begin a unit studying Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream on the iPads.(It will be fun!) How fortuitous that we will begin this unit on William's birthday! Additionally, we get back to our regularly scheduled vocabulary study, and wrap up the unit on adjectives.

Listed here is HOMEWORK ONLY for now.
4/23 "A" Day: Due on Friday: through page 163 in Easy Grammar, begin learning Unit 13 words and roots.
4/24 "A" Day: See 4/23 and begin reading When You Reach Me
4/25: Unit 13 (TWELVE)Sentences are due
4/28: Read through p. 70, review adjectives unit
4/29,4/30,5/1: Study vocabulary and roots, Essay re-write due WEDNESDAY, read When You Reach Me