Sunday, January 7, 2018

It's great...to be...a Georgia Bulldog!!!

I will be the first to admit that concentrating on school will be difficult until Tuesday! However, I have thought about you all over the break as I completed grading your assessments, and I hope you are enjoying reading Peak. We begin our studies with a special program Monday morning which is related to the novel. You won't want to miss this! After you stow your belongings in your locker, report to the gym. We have an altered "B" schedule Monday.

IN CLASS THIS WEEK:

Day 1: understanding the China/Nepal conflict, making personal connections with the novel

Day 2: I will return the midterms (both) and the newspaper articles and will meet with each of you privately about your progress. While you are waiting for me, you will be making corrections to your test, working on rewrites (as needed) and setting personal goals for academic progress.

Day 3: I will meet with anyone I did not get to on Day 2. I will introduce the verb unit in grammar, covering action/linking/helping verbs, tense and form, irregular participles.

Day 4: Digital Portfolio check-in with Ms. Garrison


HOMEWORK:
-Read Peak.
-Get back into a routine with Membean. There will be a cumulative assessment on January 17/18.
-Correct/revise midterms as needed

Do you all remember how fabulous it was at Folly Beach? Check out this photo of the pier where we studied with Mr. Weismark! I've never seen snow in Charleston before.