Sunday, January 21, 2018

Week of January 22

Congratulations to Aidan and Logan, who placed in the Tech Fair on Sunday! If any other 6th grade students won, please let me know so I may add your name to the list! FYI, from my Digital Studio class for 7th graders, two students won first place in their categories and will now compete at the state level!

THIS WEEK:

We continue with verbs and the study of Peak. You will have an OPEN NOTE, OPEN BOOK test over the novel this week (day 3) and on Friday I will explain your next writing assignment. There will be no journal entry this week, as I want you to organize your notes for the Peak Test. I will explain in class.

Monday: Sources and types of conflict, how conflict relates to literature
Day 2: Class review of the Peak packet from last week, verb packet (linking/action verbs, subject complements)
Day 3: Short answer test over Peak. Open note, open book.
Day 4: Introduction to persuasive essay about Mount Everest, researching an opinion

Homework: Be studying vocabulary on Membean, learning root words unit 6 (next test week of 1/29), organize your notes for the Peak Test.