Saturday, February 23, 2019

MAYBE the "sun will come out tomorrow!"

I love a green spring as much as anyone, but I desperately need happy, happy sunshine! I hope we get a break in the rain soon.  This week we finish our big Everest/Peak unit as well as our verb unit.

Regarding the essays you were all frantic about, I will be working on editing on Google Classroom. As I complete the editing (it takes SEVERAL days), you may continue working on them. Your actual final version is due Friday, March 1 by the end of the day. You will have Friday in class to make the requested revisions. THEN I will grade them.

Monday: Peak test over literary elements. BRING YOUR BOOK AND YOUR NOTES SHEET.

Day 2: Review for the Verb Test

Day 3: Verb Unit Test (if you finish early, you may work on your essay)

Day 4: Class time to work on your essay revisions.

Note...looking ahead, there will be a Membean Test (vocabulary) on March 5/6, but no roots. You have enough to do the next few weeks. We will begin learning the Unit 9 words the week of March 25.

This clip is the original actress, Andrea McArdle, singing "Tomorrow" from the stage version of Annie. She was a phenomenal singer and actress!