Thursday, October 24, 2013

Week of 10/28 - 11/1

I promised that The Giver would be an amazing book, didn't I? I am so glad you are enjoying it! We will continue studying the Elements of Literature through this novel. Additionally, we will complete the review of Direct Objects and one more review of periods and apostrophes. Finally, you will work on the descriptive paragraph and will finish unit 6 of vocabulary words and roots.

IN CLASS:
Day 1:
Transfer your notations (sticky notes with topics) to a K-W-I chart which I will explain in class.
Types of conflict (handout and discussion)
Leave your E.G. book with me. It will be in the room for you to use on Tuesday.

Day 2:
Grammar - Direct Objects, Apostrophes, periods

Day 3: Work on the writing process using the descriptive writing piece you have begun.

Day 4: Unit 6 Vocabulary and Roots Test

FOR HOMEWORK:
Day 1:
Continue reading The Giver, making notations and filling in the chart.
Sign on to Edmodo and complete the prompt. Reply due DAY 3.
Study Unit 6 V&R
Day 2:
Continue reading The Giver, making notations and filling in the chart.
- Begin color-coding your notes on the K-W-I chart.
Sign on to Edmodo and complete the prompt. Reply due DAY 3.
Study Unit 6 V&R

Day 3:
Study for Unit 6 V & R.
Complete final draft of writing if not already.