Sunday, December 17, 2017

One Last Hurdle

It is apparent, based on the Pronoun Test, that many (not all) students need review on parts of speech. This is a lower school grammar concept that requires thoughtful analysis when you are taking a sentence apart. As a result, on Monday, I will focus first on identifying parts of speech. Students who wish to recover points on the Pronoun Test must do so in the form of a homework assignment due Tuesday. I will explain this in class.

I am still grading newspaper articles. I cannot yet tell if I will have them done before the break, but I will try!

On Tuesday, we will have a review of all topics in preparation for the Midterm on Friday. I will not be including diagramming as I reviewed it last week. Feel free to get the handout about diagramming if you did not get one last week.

On Wednesday you will have Part 1 of a written assessment. On Thursday will be Part 2 of the same assessment. You may NOT work on this at home. Friday is the cumulative assessment.

I hope you have been using the study guide and the review calendar to help you prepare for the assessment. You may come during study hall any day this week to ask questions about anything we have covered.

I hope you enjoy a well-deserved winter break. Don't forget to read Peak!

Cartoon by Tommy Grooms https://ralphandchuck.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/midterms/