Friday, December 8, 2017

Inching our way to winter break

Thank you so much from me and my family for the many notes of condolence and kindness following the death of my father. I have been surrounded by love, making this difficult time much easier to navigate.

We complete the mystery/suspense genre this week by finishing the Mystery Box project, which is due by the end of the day on Thursday. I will distribute the next novel, which you are expected to read over the break. Additionally, we will take a Field Trip to the Carlos Museum that will give you an opportunity to see REAL Mesopotamian artifacts as well as identify similarities between the experience of the Maccabees and South American natives.

You should be reviewing EACH evening for midterm assessments. Your yellow study guide is a suggested calendar of review. Use your grammar notebook, previous worksheets and tests and links on the class blog to help you practice grammar concepts. I am available before school and during study hall to answer any questions you may have.

Day 1: Pronoun Test, when completed, work on Mystery Box
Day 2: Work on Mystery Box, receive the next novel
Day 3: Finish Mystery Box. If completed, you may enjoy a fun app called Murder Files on the iPads. I will also be reviewing diagramming (for midterms) for those who need the review.
Day 4: Field Trip to Carlos Museum