Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Tellus Essay

I am moving the grade for the Tellus Essay to second trimester to allow time for you to revise and resubmit AFTER I HAND BACK THE GRADES. If I leave the essay in first trimester, some students who would benefit from revising will not have that opportunity. When I have all the essays scored (probably Monday) I will be able to enter them into next trimester's file on NetClassroom. PLEASE DO NOT modify essays until I have completed scoring them all and have a chance to provide feedback.

For all of you who wrote about Foucault's Pendulum (and for those of you who didn't but thought it was interesting) this vid shows you what happens when you alter the length of the string/wire from which the bob hangs. The reason that the waves change patterns has to do with math and equations.